Wendy F's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

4019599
Jun 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011, ya-na, vampires, urban-fantasy
Read from June 01 to 03, 2011

Again, just a little bit better.

This book contained the moment I'd been dreading. I actually started to feel a little sick to my stomach while reading all the things that led up to it.

I still have to say, I love Mason. I'm so sad that he's officially gone. Eddie is a pretty good replacement though. He's pretty charming. The more I read of Christian then more I like him. Lissa is one lucky girl.

Adrian is a bit of a odd one for me. I love his humor, I think that he himself is attractive and most moments I think he's sexy. My problem is every single time she mentions the Clove cigs or the smell of alcohol I get turned off a bit. I imagine he smells like someone who spends a LOT of time in a smokey stinky bar. I understand why he does it, it's just not appealing to me. It's definitely Dmitri all the way.

I've already got Blood Promise sitting next to me to start tomorrow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

06/01/2011 page 72
16.0% "For as much as I like Rose, and I do like her, I'm getting sick of her stupid choices. You think that she learned her lesson in Frostbite when she kept secrets and it wound up in someone's death... but nope, she's still lying and keeping things from people. Idiot."
show 3 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy Darling (last edited Jun 03, 2011 09:30PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wendy Darling Hah, I love Adrian but had the same problem with his smoking...it's such a turn-off for me! I liked both boys, though, and I think she did a good job of showing why Rose found both of them appealing.

That scene at the end of Frostbite (view spoiler), and the aftermath...that was really hard. Probably one of my favorites from the whole series, as I think it was a pivotal moment of change for Rose.

Stacia (the 2010 club) Book 4 will always be my favorite. Adrian's adorable too in a broken sort of way. I can't help but want to hug him. He's no Dimitri though!

message 3: by Wendy F (last edited Jun 04, 2011 05:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Wendy F For me it's more the constant smell of alcohol over the cigs. My husband smokes so unfortunately I'm used to it, but it's the alcohol mixed in that makes me imagine something icky. Like when you hug your uncle that you know is the family lush and he constantly has that stale alcohol smell, yuck.

I do like Adrian though, in the end of Shadow Kiss when (view spoiler).

And what happened in Frostbite when (view spoiler), man I just cried and cried. For some reason I really connected with Mason.

Wendy Darling Exactly, it was Rose and sword and refusing to leave that made me moved me. And the scene when she received her marks, knowing full well why it happened.

Poor Adrian.