Cinnamon's Reviews > Tris & Izzie

Tris & Izzie by Mette Ivie Harrison

Jul 02, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, arc, for-review, to-read

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tris & Izzie.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Oh ho!

message 2: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Ohohohohooo. I shall laugh delightfully with you, mon amie :D

message 3: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Until you start reading it. :\

message 4: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Really? Awww... Yeah, I've seen a few bad reviews up.

message 5: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I couldn't finish it. It was sort of ridiculous. And I'm disappointed cuz the cover is so beautiful.

message 6: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Headdesk. Another disappointment, eh? Btw, do you just select "decline to review" on NetGalley when you can't finish it?

message 7: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I say nothing at all. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't request to review at all considering the recent books. I feel bad but it's better I say nothing at all than something. (Except on GR.) Hee.

Krystle I thought they choose to approve you based on your request to review ratio as well?

message 9: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Yeah, that's what I thought, too. I've been trying my best to finish each and every galley and post all my reviews, even the negative ones.

Krystle I remember I DNF-ed a book. I just wrote a review saying I couldn't finish it and it wasn't in my policy to update my blog with DNF reviews. Haha.

message 11: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I don't know. If I don't like it, I just don't review it. But then, it may be true since I barely request books off netgalley. No ereader makes it easy for me to resist.

Krystle I remember the NetGalley twitter mentioning something about the request to review ratio when someone asked them why they weren't getting approved. LoL. I don't get approved for the Disney/Hyperion books. >_>. Losers!

message 13: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I don't either. Apparently you have to have a 1000 followers. For Penguin too. Before they even consider you. Hmph.

message 14: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza And I just told the publishers of this book that I choose not to review this version since it sucks but I'll take a look at the finished copy to see if it has improved. Hahaha.

Krystle I'm thankful Harper approves me. Damn, reading their ARCs totally kills off tons of to-read books off my list. Haha. Not to mention they usually always have the "big" releases.

message 16: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Haha. And Simon and Schuster have their galley grab. You're good to go. I'm taking books off my reading list simply cuz they all seem blah now. I think I've hit a reading slump.

Krystle The Native Star!~ It'll perk you right up. XD.

message 18: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon I think Disney and Penguin approve me because I have TeensReadToo and VOYA under my belt =.= The 1000 followers rule is really unfair, though, and I don't even HAVE a blog...

Hehe still on my vacation so I'm enjoying reading whatever the heck I want. It's a nice change from just reviewing random books.

Is The Native Star on NG/GG?

message 19: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I bought The Native Star! Now I have to wait for Book Depository to deliver.

Dude, I know. Reading random things is awesome. The Mephisto Covenant is not too bad. But it's bleh. I'm going to go watch The City Hunter to perk me up. Haha. Have you guys watched Can You Hear My Heart?

I think I have a crush on Jae Won. His smileeee. It makes me swoony. Haha.

Krystle The Native Star came out last year. You can pick it up at your library (I'm sure). I can't wait to see what you think of it! The romance is so Cold Magic-ish. XD. I love it. The end had me cracking up like crazy.

I haven't watched either of them. Waiting for City Hunter to finish. Haha. LoL. I'm trying to stay away from watching dramas. It sucks me in like a monster and then I won't get any reading or writing done. X_X.

message 21: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I'm like watching everything! I'm a monster. Oh, you're going to like Heart Strings since you liked Dream High. And dude, if the romance is anything near Cold MAgic-ish,I'm going to love the heck out of it. :D

Krystle Ooh! I love Dream High! Sam Dong, you beast. Finally, the sweet, nice boy wins in Korean dramas! YUS! XD. Actually the romance in The Native Star is like... Brightly Woven + Cold Magic-ish. Haha. The world building is pretty cool too.

I have TOO many books to read. *glares at boxes of unread books in house* I better get started on them so I can get rid of the crappy books I totally know are in there.

message 23: by Cinnamon (last edited Jul 05, 2011 02:38PM) (new) - added it

Cinnamon LOL I always try to watch currently airing dramas because I have to wait for the next one. Otherwise if I start a good drama I'd just morph into a hermit and finish the entire thing in like one sitting or something ._.

And aiya, now I really want TNS.

And the nice boy winning the girl? Blasphemy... I must go watch some of that.

message 24: by Small Review (new) - added it

Small Review I've been approved for Disney-Hyperion titles and I don't have anywhere near 1,000 followers. I can't really make heads or tails of approvals/denials on Net Galley.

message 25: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon NetGalley is just weird; I prefer Galley Grab's system (or lack of)...

message 26: by jo (last edited Jul 10, 2011 11:49AM) (new) - added it

jo mo phew, i thought i was the only one who didn't get approved for the disney, hyperion books.

sucks.

no matter. i'll get it in ebook format.
@krystle, nafiza: are you talking about asian dramas?

message 27: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Yes! Hehe.

message 28: by jo (last edited Jul 10, 2011 12:18PM) (new) - added it

jo mo one of my probably most beloved kdramas are:

coffe prince
coffee prince

and

sam soon
my lovely sam soon

they will forever occupy a small part of my heart. ^^

message 29: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Ah. Coffee Prince was indeed awesome. I didn't care too much for Sam Soon but I love both Kim Sun Ah and Hyun Bin. :)

Krystle I didn't watch any of those. LoL. I usually watch Japanese or Taiwanese dramas. Which I haven't done recently because uh... I've been reading more. =P.

message 31: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon *O* Krystle, you have to try Coffee Prince! And I watched a bit of My Lovely Sam Soon but didn't like it very much (although almost everyone I know loved it).

message 32: by jo (new) - added it

jo mo Krystle wrote: "I didn't watch any of those. LoL. I usually watch Japanese or Taiwanese dramas. Which I haven't done recently because uh... I've been reading more. =P."

probably for the best. books give you more space and freedom for imagination, whereas television restricts and specifies.

message 33: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Kdramas give my imagination a lot of room to soar. You know, with those pretty Oppas. Hahah.

But I prefer Kdramas, I think. Mostly cuz of the language. Jdramas, some of them, tend to be so didactic. And Twdramas get subbed ever so slowly.

message 34: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Nafiza wrote: "Kdramas give my imagination a lot of room to soar. You know, with those pretty Oppas. Hahah."

Nicely put:).

Krystle LoL, I don't mind K-dramas but I'm tired of them always using the same cliched trope over and over again. There's like no imagination and it's so unoriginal. Sometimes the girls are SO annoying. I really love how this guy makes fun of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BUKfF... Makes me crack up hardcore.

message 36: by Cinnamon (new) - added it

Cinnamon Oh my god. He's the guy who made this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jNMVi... I watched this over and over and over and over...

Krystle OMFG. LOLOLOL.

message 38: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza Dude! You need to choose your Kdramas better. :P

message 39: by Nafiza (new) - added it

Nafiza I just watch it for the pretty. Haha. But City Hunter is totally smoking awesome.