Erin's Reviews > Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth

Feb 16, 11

This book can be somewhat difficult to read, especially in the throes of a 6-week-long sleep-deprivation experiment (also known as an infant), but it is highly worth it. I am the kind of person who likes to understand "why" and "how, and Weissbluth's explanations about children's sleep cycles and the importance of good sleep helped me and my husband figure out how to cope with the chaos of the first six weeks and then work with our son to develop good sleeping habits. There were times when I felt confused by the different forms of advice, but once I made it through all of the chapters that were either overview explanations or information applicable to our son at his age, I felt equipped to handle obstacles and changes in sleep patterns. I know that I will be picking this book back up once we hit the next stage of sleep with our toddler, and I will be undergoing the refresher course whenever, God-willing, baby #2 makes his or her debut.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.