Annette's Reviews > A Million Little Pieces

A Million Little Pieces by James J. Frey

Feb 16, 2011

Read from January 15 to 23, 2012

Loved this book. Don't care if it was completely true or not. Loved it.

1/23/2012
I just re-read this book for my book club. I read it first after "Oprah-gate", so it's been 8 years or so since I last read it. Time and life experience over the last 8 years did not change my opinion of the book much. I loved the language, the emotions the book brought out of me, the story, all of it.

I did lower my rating from 5 stars to 4 after the second read. I noticed this time through is that it could have used more editing, I found myself skimming over a few chapters that were all description and really unnecessary. It may be because I already read the book that I felt that way, who knows. It may also be because I have read so many books recently that I can appreciate a well edited story vs a not well edited story.

I HATE re-reading books. I never do it. I was glad to have re-read this book, though and glad that I enjoyed it a second time through. Enough time had passed that I forgot some parts of the book, so I didn't find myself bored. Twice is enough, though!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Million Little Pieces.