Paul Pessolano's Reviews > Still Missing

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens

Feb 16, 11

I don't give 5 stars out to many mysteries, but this one truly deserves it.

If you are a real estate agent you may not want to read this book. If you are a female real estate agent you definately don't want to read this book.

Annie O'Sullivan is having an open house on one of her listings. She is about to shut down for the evening when a young man asks to see the house. The young man abducts Annie and takes her to a well fortified cabin in the woods.

Annie discovers that there is no escaping ands that she must submit to the will of the young man. She finds that she must submit to a very rigorous life and time schedule. For example, she is permitted to go to the bathroom at only certain times during the day, allow him to bathe her, and wear only the clothes that he wants he to wear. She must also submit to his sexual advances.

Annie knowing that her only hope is todo what she is told, still holds on to the hope that she will soon be rescued. Unfortunately, she is not rescued and finds herself pregnant. She delivers a baby girl that becomes her life, until tragedy once again befalls her.

Not to give the story away but Annie does manage to escape, an incredible story in itself, but finds that this is only the beginning to discovering why, who, and how she was abducted.

Annie's story is told entirely in the first person. The story is told through Annie's visits to her psychiatrist. A very unusual way to tell a story but one that adds suspense, horror, and validity to a well spun tale.

The reader will be taken in from Annie's first words, "You know Doc, you're not the first shrink I've seen since I got back".

Although the book does have sexual content and strong language it is well within the bounds of what Annie went through and how it affected her life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Still Missing.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reek Thanks for the recommendation, Paul! This book looks extremely enthralling - especially coming from you. You appear to be quite a reading "buff" and your recommendations do not appear to be of the "pot boiler" genre since from my minimal review there appear to be many. This gem is, in a few minutes, on my "Wish List."

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Reek You got it! (I'm chuckling.) Just LOVE to read "good" books, and a whole series crime/mystery/who-dunnit types from one author is an amazing find. As SOON as I'm through here - on-line I go. You're terrific! Many, many thanks! The hours of enjoyment I get from reading started when I was very young, spoiled by my Dad's referrals to me of the "Classics". Now, a few years beyond 'youthful', I still have the amazing interest of a kid, not so much anymore, but still, with "Classics", but with the mystery variety. Matter of fact, I have yet to even read a Sherlock Holmes story. Hmmmm. For now - Chelsea! Thank you!!