Peter Meredith's Reviews > The Horror Of The Shade

The Horror Of The Shade by Peter Meredith

Feb 16, 2011

(Review from the author)
Read from March 05 to April 04, 2012

The Horror of the Shade was inspired by the first of the two paranormal events that I've been connected with. Quite simply it was a two second ghost sighting, witnessed by me and two of my brothers, when I was just a lad of seven.
So how is that extrapolated out to a trilogy?
Step one: remove me and my two brothers.
Step two: change the ghost to a demon, add a hot, but diabolical witch. Throw in a hunky seventeen-year old and his hell-powered schizophrenic sister and you're in business.
Oh, I forgot to mention there will also be: Gypsies, exorcisms, blood, bullets, a nice sprinkling of sex, sin, murder, and a couple of trips into the wonderful vacation spot known as Hell...and did I mention sex? Right check that off the list.
Step three: Churn these all up into non-stop action, until you realize what you have is a family in dire peril. What is this story about? What every story is about: people. People in love, people in danger, people fighting for their very souls.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Horror Of The Shade.

12/03/2013 marked as: read

Leah lol!

Jason What a great read, I really enjoyed it!

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia I'm adding this book, as it appears to be the first in this series.

I'm a GR librarian, trying to help. These books weren't labeled as being part of a series in their book details. I created a new GR series for you and added the three books in what I think is the proper order. Please let me know if you want me to modify the details. (You'll note that you now have a series showing on your author page, and you didn't before.)

Peter Meredith Thank you for doing this for me, Alicia. I read on your profile that you are a busy person and may have been neglecting your blog. Have you tried using guest bloggers? It supposed to take the pressure off having to blog so frequently and adds to the number of people who see both the blogs of you and your guest. I hope you are doing well with your writing.
Peter

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia The only thing that bothers me about authors rating their books is when they give a book less than five stars. I understand modesty; really, I do. But if you can't rate it five stars, how can you expect me to like it at all?!

So anyway, good for you!

Peter Meredith I only rate my books on Goodreads, because it's like a quick hello from the author. It's upfront and not some sneaky way to get people to buy your book. I never minded it, even before I began my writing career.

message 7: by Beth (new) - added it

Beth Love your review....definitely caught my attention and makes me want to check it out. Even though I have hundreds of other books to choose from here, I'll be on my way to my local bookstore and see if they can order your book for me!