Nanette's Reviews > Transparent Lovers

Transparent Lovers by Scott Nicholson

F_50x66
Feb 16, 11

Read in February, 2011 — I own a copy

I was fortunate enough to read an advance copy of Scott Nicholson’s newest novella. As always, this grabbed me quickly….. shook me around, and finally spit me out at the ending…. Completely Satisfied after one helluva ride! Honestly, it amazes me that this author can be so prolific with his writing, and yet publish one great read after another!

This is the story of a man’s search for Eternal Peace with the love of his life.

Our protagonist, a suddenly deceased private investigator, “wakes up” dead. He also happens to awaken in Nicholson’s CREEPY vision of Purgatory. He is sent back to Earth to solve his own murder, and thereby creating his future- whether it be in heaven or in hell.

We are introduced to a bitchy suicide victim, Diana, who happens to be his SINISTER ex wife who does everything in her power to set up roadblocks during his mission. Talk about a woman scorned! She no longer wants him, but doesn’t want anyone else to have him either. (Sound familiar, ladies?)

Which brings us to Lee. This is the woman, still alive, who he deeply loves.

Nicholson’s concept of faith, free will, love beyond death and this character’s ability to choose between spending eternity in Heaven or Hell is quite is quite the story. I enjoyed watching our character learn the ins and outs of being a ghost…and what he was capable of doing. “You can learn a lot about life from a dead guy”.

I couldn’t put my Kindle down once I started this. I highly recommend TRANSPARENT LOVERS.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Transparent Lovers.