Tammy ~NovelOpinion's Reviews > The Blood That Bonds

The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler

Feb 18, 11

bookshelves: horror, indie-self-pubbed
Read from February 17 to 18, 2011

Two, ( That really is her name.), is a hooker addicted to heroin. She has a mean pimp. A vampire sees her and decides to turn her for himself. He loves her for no apparent reason. His master/father doesn't like this. and so on....

The books reads about as smoothly as my review so far. The author may as well called me up on the phone to droll on about his book. I felt like I was waiting for the actual story to start while being introduced to two dimensional characters.

Even her transformation to vampire, where we all know is like a body lift and plastic surgery gone epic, is anti-climatic. She has better skin and her eyes glow but she still is an addict with no personality.

I skimmed big time.

Finally near the end I saw a glimpse of potential to this story. I have to say that book two in this series could possibly be a lot better. I am currently trying to convince myself to put in on my TBR shelf. I'm sure if I drink a couple Gin and Juices I will.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blood That Bonds.

02/17/2011