Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > Moving Target

Moving Target by Cheyenne McCray

Feb 15, 09

bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in February, 2009

"Moving Target" is a fast-paced romantic suspense that keeps your heart pumping from start to finish. Cheyenne McCray writes characters that feel real, like they could be someone you know or would like to know. For me, that's one of the reasons I enjoy her stories...well, that and the smoking sex!

Ani has been in hiding for two years now under the Witness Protection Program. Her testimony will put away the man who murdered the rest of her family and strike a blow against the Russian mafia in New York City. With only days to go, Ani makes a phone call to an old friend to try and help a child. This phone call is the beginning of a cross-country run from an enemy with unlimited funds and unlimited hate. The only person Ani can trust is the agent who's been her lifeline from the first...Daniel.

Daniel knows he can't let his feelings for Ani loose. They will only detract from the real need to stay alert at all times. But this is Ani...the woman whose voice and thoughts have kept him in a state of near arousal every time they talk. And now that he's with her in person, how long can he maintain his distance?

Once I started, I couldn't put it down. Ani's inner strength and Daniel's protectiveness coupled with their intense attraction made them irresistible. The bad guys are really bad, the action doesn't let up, and the sex will leave you sweating. "Moving Target" is another winner from Cheyenne McCray.
12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moving Target.

Auntee I loved this one too--one of her better ones!

Kathrynn Wow, this sounds really good. I read, Auntee's and Crystal's review on this, too.

And guess what? I already own this book. Yeah!

Going to start reading it today. Thank you, ladies.

ElaineY I enjoyed this one from McCray very much, too, and am curious to find out how her new series featuring Alexi Steele and Nicholas Donovan will be like. My copy of The First Sin will be delivered on Thursday and I'll read it straightaway.