Cat's Reviews > One Day

One Day by David Nicholls

Feb 16, 2011

bookshelves: romance-contemporary, romance
Read from May 06 to July 14, 2011

Emma and Dexter meet on the last day of college, attracted to each other though they are, they never quite get it together and from that day their lives take different paths, whilst they try to keep in touch. The book follows their lives over a twenty year period through the ups and downs of their relationship on the anniversary of their meeting. They are meant to be together, but will they ever make it happen, maybe, One Day.

A really nice read. The main characters feel very real in that I liked and disliked them at different points in the book they seemed very human with all the flaws that brings. I have to say the "one day" thing annoyed me at points, I would have liked to have known more about what happened in between some of those days, but hey, its not a big thing. I was not crazy about the ending either though (which I have to say I saw coming a mile off)so hence the four stars. All in all though I really enjoyed this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day.

05/06/2011 "I really like this book and its characters, can't wait to find out what happens to them."