Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)'s Reviews > Twilight Prophecy (Wings in the Night, #17)

Twilight Prophecy (Wings in the Night, #17) by Maggie Shayne

Feb 26, 11

bookshelves: arc-s, netgalley, for-review
Read from February 24 to March 10, 2011

** spoiler alert **

*This ebook was provided to me at no cost by the publisher*

I have mixed feelings about this book. I think it stems mainly from the fact that I haven’t read the books before this one in the series. I wasn’t aware that there were more books than this one and it’s kind of hard to read book number 16 of a series and not feel a tad lost and put out.
For the most part I liked the plotline and I feel like the book was well written. I liked Bridgit the most out of all the characters, oddly enough and yet both Lucy and James annoyed me too much at times for me to really “like” them. While I don’t hate the outright, there was nothing special about them that caught me. Lucy annoyed me how she constantly questioned herself and everything James did and was and I disliked how cowardly she was. Even though it was her character, I feel like it was too much for me and I wanted her to stop most of the time.
James wasn’t really anything special as a male lead and I felt like his ego got the better of him at times. He was all, “blah, blah, blah....poor me, boo-hoo,” and while his friends and family didn’t blame him for the stupid choices he made....I did. And I just couldn’t really like him after all that.

Also, I didn’t feel the relationship between Lucy and James at all. Most of the time she distrusted him and he was occupied with trying to save his people, so considering how little they got to know one another....I feel like their relationship was forced. It was as though the author HAD to have them together so she had them hook up, despite the fact that it didn’t seem real to me.
Utanapishtim was a sucky guy straight out and even though I wanted to feel for him I just couldn’t. That being said.....and I hate myself for this.....I wonder if perhaps there may be something between he and Bridgit in the next book seeing as she is actually the chosen one and he’s still on the loose. Actually what I hate even more is considering that I didn’t like this book all too much, I actually want to read the next one if that is the case.
But only if it is.....
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight Prophecy (Wings in the Night, #17).

02/25/2011 page 148
37.0% "Not bad, but i should have probably have read the other books in the series first, lol."
show 1 hidden update…