Martin Sidgreaves's Reviews > Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You: A Guide to the Universe. Marcus Chown

Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You by Marcus Chown

Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: science, non-fiction
Read in September, 2011

After watching a programme on TV that touched on Quantum Physics I decided I would like to read something that covered the subject in a little more depth without plunging the reading into the huge abyss that no doubt surrounded the subject.

This book is great. It explains most of the main areas of QP in simplistic language using clever analogies to illustrate the points it makes. I read it entirely at bedtime and at times I did find myself having to reread some portions as it just wasn't sinking in or making sense to me (probably tiredness) however after reading again normal order was restored! What I will say is that some of the concepts explained are absolutely wild and really require an open mind.... especially if you have any existing understanding of physics.

All in all a great introduction to this fascinating but complex subject and has now led me to wanting something more in-depth. I really enjoyed this book :-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Quantum Theory Cannot Hurt You.