Wicked ♥ (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess's Reviews > First Drop of Crimson

First Drop of Crimson by Jeaniene Frost

2082350
Reviewed for Wickedly Bookish

After reading all those lack luster reviews from my fellow paranormal addicts, I was a little concerned that this book wouldn't live up to its Night Huntress roots. I honestly loved this book. I am always curious about the lives and pasts of the side characters in the series. These characters who are given little attention, but hold so much potential tend to be pushed out of the spotlight once they have served their purpose. I give Jeaniene Frost mega kudos for taking up this spin-off series that has started off with a bang. I really enjoyed the interactions between Spade and Denise, watching their tepid relationship grow into a romance. I'm really glad we all got to have this extra look into the Night Huntress world and I am excited for more of these side character focused novels. Absolutely love it. My only complaint is that Denise really wasn't my kind of heroine. She came off really insecure and flighty. Her character developed nicely towards the end, and I love a more innocent sweet heroine every once and awhile, but Denise just didn't do it for me. Otherwise, I have no complaints.. Witty and fast paced as always, Frost brings a really enjoyable companion read to her fans. 4.5 stars.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Drop of Crimson.