Gina (My Precious Blog)'s Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Jan 02, 12

bookshelves: dystopian, favorites
Read in January, 2012

My first read of the New Year!

A real page turner, hard to put down, action packed read. I'm still not sure if the ending was what I had hoped for... full review to follow on the blog:
the callawayfam.blogspot.com - My Precious

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

01/01/2012
65.0% "What a thriller. I love the character, such a powerful story, I've already been moved to tears once so far. Catniss is such an underdog, how can you not route for her. Then there's Peeta. I can't believe he's evil, my gut tells me he's sincere in his feelings towards Catniss. I just hit part three, a big change up has occurred. I'm in favor of it."
01/02/2012
89.0% "Oh, this is getting good. I'm having a hard time pulling myself away to do other things. Please tell me things end up positively?!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Small Review Once? I've been crying off and on from the first chapter! :P Then the whole thing at the end of part 2 had me bawling. I can't help but picture them like they'll look in the movie. That's great when it comes to Katniss, but not so much for Peeta. I don't like how he looks in the movie and it's making me have a harder time feeling for him in the book.

Gina (My Precious Blog) I've not seen any trailers yet for this movie, so I don't have any preconceived notions. Darn it, I guess I'm spelling Katniss wrong! Sorry about that. Wow, if your already crying this early into the book, you're going to have a hard time reading without tissues nearby. There is an overabundance of sad moments in this one.

Small Review Oh good. Avoid all photos and trailers then until after you've finished. I wasn't sure about Katniss's name until you mentioned it now, but I just looked it up and yup, it's with a K. I'm an awful speller and I'm even worse with names, so no need to apologize to me :P

I'm such an emotional reader. This book was a real tear jerker!

Gina (My Precious Blog) I'm just not a big movie goer. I have such a short attention span. I need interaction. On your advice I'll avoid it all. I'm still on Part III. I'm not moving along as fast as you are. Today I've been working on all my wrap ups for 2011 and trolling through all the challenges. Darn, I have such a hard time deciding which ones are actually achievable. Plus, then I have to have a game plan or I'll never complete them.

Anyways, I want to get back to this book. Its been exciting. My son is dying for me to read them all. He never reads for fun, so its exciting to see him so turned on my a book series.