Teemania's Reviews > Paradise

Paradise by Judith McNaught

Feb 15, 2011

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, first-in-series, 1-star
Read from February 16 to 18, 2011

A much deserved 5 stars!!! This book is everything you could want in a romantic book. It had laughter, friendship, moments that made you go whyyyyyyyy, moments when you want to cry or at least tear up and moment when you groan in despair.

Matt as the hero was close to perfect. He is now one of my favourite novel heroes. The young Matt and the older Matt are very much alike, only this time he has money and a need for revenge. Even though his character is dark and really hard to read, when it comes to people he loves.... He's like an open book.
He has patience for waiting for Meredith, for giving her chance. I mean this guy risked getting his heart broken all over again but he never gave up.

And then we have Meredith. Her personality especially her lack of doubt when it comes to Matt is something that I hate seeing in Heroines in my novels because they doubt til death!! But with Meredith, I understood. I mean if I had a father like Phillip, I wouldn't trust anyone either especially not with a guy who 'abandoned' me.

Another thing I love about this book is that the plot never dragged. Other books would have dragged the abortion/Divorce/Letter plot til the end of the book but this novel never did. The plot was used to move the story forward so I was never bored. I really enjoyed this book, it was worth the long read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paradise.

02/16/2011
37.0% "Only 37% into it and I feel like so much has happened. This is a great great read!"
02/16/2011
48.0% "Omg omg omg!! It's war now."
02/18/2011
98.0% "I love it when a female character takes control haha."