Nicki Markus's Reviews > The Deadliest Bite

The Deadliest Bite by Jennifer Rardin

Jul 09, 11

bookshelves: read-paranormal
Read in February, 2011

When I requested this book as an ARC from NetGalley, I was not aware that it was the eighth part in an ongoing series. Had I known, I might have reconsidered requesting it.

It is not that I did not like the story as I found it full of action and suspense, but not knowing the backstory made things difficult. Frequent references were made to past adventures and other characters that were completely out of context for me. This detracted from my enjoyment of the novel to some extent since I had no understanding of the progression the characters had made to reach the point they were at in this book.

That said, I still read the book from start to finish and did find the story and characters entertaining. Jaz was a very feisty and likeable heroine and I enjoyed her interactions with the other characters. The action was nicely paced and kept my attention even through slower passages. I came to like the characters to the extent that I wished to know more about them. Overall, I could work out enough to follow what was going on and was pleased with the way the story concluded.

I would now like to go back and read the earlier books at some point so that I can return to this one and reread it, armed with more knowledge of the characters and their stories. Given that fact, I would only recommend this book to those all ready familiar with the series, unless they wish to start at book one and work their way up to this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deadliest Bite.

02/19/2011 page 83