Sarai's Reviews > Hold Me Closer, Necromancer

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

Feb 15, 11

bookshelves: young-adult-fiction, supernatural
Read in February, 2011

I liked this book for the most part. The one thing that bothered me a bit is that the nearly the entire book felt like set-up time. It took a while for all the players to be introduced before plot started happening. However, now that everyone has made their appearance, the second book should be more fun to read.

I can totally see this being made into a movie. It had humor and darkness and mutant fantasy creatures and a bit-o-sex.

Product Description

Sam leads a pretty normal life. He may not have the most exciting job in the world, but he’s doing all right — until a fast food prank brings him to the attention of Douglas, a creepy guy with an intense violent streak.

Turns out Douglas is a necromancer who raises the dead for cash and sees potential in Sam. Then Sam discovers he’s a necromancer too, but with strangely latent powers. And his worst nightmare wants to join forces . . . or else.

With only a week to figure things out, Sam needs all the help he can get. Luckily he lives in Seattle, which has nearly as many paranormal types as it does coffee places. But even with newfound friends, will Sam be able to save his skin?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Me Closer, Necromancer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colette (new)

Colette Rainey I'm going to give this book a try. Right now, I'm reading Three Black Swans.