Christina's Reviews > The Rivalry: Mystery at the Army-Navy Game

The Rivalry by John Feinstein

Feb 15, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: audiobooks, mystery, realistic, sports
Read in March, 2011

A solid entry in the series, although I was a little disappointed at the ho-hum nature of the mystery itself. Our heroes, Steve and Susan Carol, didn't do a whole lot of digging or sleuthing to figure it out. They just kind of put two and two together in a flash of inspiration, which is clever, but not as much fun to read about as doing actual investigating. The story is mostly all about the lead up to the Army-Navy college football game, and we get a lot of background on the history and tradition of it; I found that intriguing because I know nothing about that topic. And there's plenty of football action thanks to the flashbacks to the Army and Navy teams' two last games leading up to the big one. Stevie and Susan Carol get to shadow a Secret Service agent as part of their research for a newspaper story on the security aspect of protecting the President at the big game, and that too was interesting. But the romance is pretty much done now, because the two teens are dating long distance, and I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more to that angle of the story. (What can I say, I'm a romantic!)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rivalry.

08/29/2016 marked as: read