Ashley - Book Labyrinth's Reviews > The Last Little Blue Envelope

The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson

Mar 08, 11

bookshelves: from-publisher, netgalley, for-review, my-books, young-adult
Read on March 07, 2011 — I own a copy

I was so ecstatic when this book appeared on Netgalley. Ever since I heard this was going to be a book, I was completely excited for it. This return to the envelopes and the journey was bittersweet, because while it was great to reconnect with Ginny, it was sad knowing the last of Aunt Peg’s letters would be uncovered, and that there wouldn’t be any more journeys after that.

The traveling aspect of this book is incredible. One of the main reasons I loved the first ‘Envelopes’ book is because of the great journey through Europe. While the scale of the trip in this book is a bit smaller, it is in no way less engaging. I was happy to take part in more zany travel antics with Ginny and her pals, and to meet some more colourful characters. The book introduces a couple of new characters who are very important to the plot. Ellis is a bit of a spitfire, and she plays an interesting role in Keith’s life, where as Oliver is presented as the bad boy who just might have something more beneath his scheming exterior.

I thought the overarching story between Keith, Ginny, Ellis, and Oliver was a bit predictable, but Maureen Johnson still presented it in an extremely delightful way. The zany adventure and the lovely details of this book (Harry Potter references, anyone?) make it quite irresistible. This is a great continuation of both Ginny and Aunt Peg’s story that you’ll definitely want to pick up if you enjoyed the first book. Also, I have to add that I adore Richard. Anyone else?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Little Blue Envelope.