Table4Five's Reviews > Her Two Dads

Her Two Dads by Ariel Tachna

Feb 25, 11

Read from February 24 to 25, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This was a good book. I think the concept was a nice idea. But I think there were a few things that were forgotten that were really important. I get the concept of of gay friend giving sperm to single female friend so that she can have a baby, but was she not that good of a friend that you didn't have a funeral for her? I was thrown off by the buying stuff for the baby. Obviously Jill (the mother) had all the stuff at her place to bring the baby home to, wouldn't it have been simplier to go to her place and take all the stuff for the baby? It seemed like all of that stuff got abandoned with her body and no thought again to Jill. The relationship between Sri and Jaime was sweet and definatly not rushed. I liked that there were other things that went into the story that made the characters more human, like Jaime reestablishing a relationship his mother and family. I didn't like the whole thing with Child Protective Services. In the decription of the book (I felt) like it made that out to be the main plot of the story. How he was going keep his baby and his new relationship. It was hardly anything at all. I was happy with how the book ended, it was really cute. I think if you are looking for a book with a gay couple and a baby than this might be up you alley. Just go into it knowing that there are a few flaws. Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Her Two Dads.