Paris's Reviews > Bloodshot

Bloodshot by Cherie Priest

Feb 21, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: must-read-author, urban-fantasy, wish-i-never-read, series-only-continue-if-desperate
Read from February 15 to 20, 2011

I adore Cherie Priest…most of the time. I don’t know what it is about Bloodshot that made it so difficult to get into, although the 1st person present tense POV probably had a lot to do with it. I never really felt a connection to Raylene, the main character. I found her rather boring and predictable. I also didn’t really find the possible love connection that Priest hints at very believable. Could be that I didn’t like the other character much either, but I never felt they had any chemistry, unlike her and one of the other secondary characters.

I would have loved to see more Domino, Pepper, Sister Rose and Adrian as I found them to be the most entertaining characters in the book. There also seemed to be more depth to any of them than the other characters that were in the forefront.

This might be the most disappointing of Priest’s books for me (despite Fathom, since I never was able to get into that one at all). I really wanted to like this, but I just couldn’t. I may try the next book in the series, but only if I’m desperate for a read and even then I probably won’t force it like I did with this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodshot.