Karissa's Reviews > Bone, Vol. 8: Treasure Hunters

Bone, Vol. 8 by Jeff Smith

Feb 15, 11

Read in February, 2011

This is the eight book in the nine book Bone series by Jeff Smith. It was another excellent addition to this series and filled with more humor than the previous book, despite the darkness of parts of the tale.

The Bones along with Gran'ma Ben and Thorn have finally reached Atheia. Here they reunite with some of Gran'ma Ben's old friends. Atheia is under rule of a dictator like man and they need to decide if they can count on his help in the upcoming battle against the King of Locusts. Meanwhile Lucius and crew are also trying to make their way to Atheia through the Ghost Circles.

This was another great installment in this series. There was a lot more humor packed into this book than in the previous one. So, despite the darkness and serious surrounding the upcoming war, I found myself laughing out loud a number of times. It was great to be back with Thorn, Gran'ma Ben, and the Bones...I love how Thorn is young and funny but has moments where she is tough as nails.

I have been missing the inclusion of the Dragons some; I was hoping they would feature more in these later books but mostly they are just talked about.

The book ended well but I am very eager to see how things are wrapped up in the ninth book, Crown of Horns. The illustration is as excellent as ever and remains consistent with previous books.

Overall I loved this book and can't wait to read Crown of Horns to see how things wrap up.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bone, Vol. 8.

Megan So glad that I found out about this series (from you!). I've been enjoying them a lot.

Karissa I am glad that you are enjoying them :-) I am getting set to start on the last one this week, and am a bit sad that the series is almost over :-(

Megan I know! I just finished Volume 5 and am extremely sad that Bartleby is gone. I hope he comes back in the upcoming volumes, I loved that little guy. :(