Joyzi's Reviews > The Two Towers

The Two Towers by J.R.R. Tolkien

Jun 15, 2012

bookshelves: books-to-movies, watched-it, book-series, sci-fi, fiction, fantasy, classics, banned, author-brit, 1001-books
Recommended to Joyzi by: goodreads
Recommended for: fantasy readers
Read from June 07 to 16, 2012 , read count: 1

Comparing it to the movie the Battle of Helmsdeep is greatly visualized in the movie but in the book it was sort of anticlimactic since the battle is not given that much importance as it is written in the middle of the book. However, I really liked the Faramir parts in the book than in the movie because it was different than in the film. In the book Faramir was not even tempted by the ring and I don't know why they change that in the film maybe they just want to change things up.

There is little romance in the book compared to the movie wherein they focused on the Aragorn-Arwen-Eowyn love triangle but it's okay. What I liked about the movie is how the screenplay have been arranged so that the plot in the book will become more fluid and simultaneous. On the other hand what I liked about the book is that you will know more about the characters and their back story and also in this book the Shelob's lair is part of this one while in the movie they moved it into the Return of the King.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Towers.

Quotes Joyzi Liked

J.R.R. Tolkien
“War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

J.R.R. Tolkien
“There is some good in this world, and it's worth fighting for.”
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers

Ryan Mac Notice the large amount of Arwen coverage in the movie vs. essentially none in this book (she is mentioned in book 3). I believe this was done to increase women's interest in the movies.

Joyzi i think this is done because a blockbuster movie should have at least a romance in it