Anna's Reviews > Night World, No. 2

Night World, No. 2 by L.J. Smith

Feb 14, 2011

** spoiler alert ** The second volume of three of Night World is just as good as the first one! After reading the first volume, I was totally addicted to this series.

The first book, Dark Angel, is by far my least favourite book for some odd reason. Although it deals with the Night World, we do not really find out about how our lovely protagonist, Gillian, is actually connected to the Night World. I found this story a bit hard to read since I wasn't a fan of the plot, and because, in my opinion, it wasn't "supernatural" enough for me.

The second book, The Chosen, was a really cool story because our heroine, Rashel, is a vampire hunter. How cool is that? She has her own reason to go into this profession, and we learn this throughout the story, and her encounter with her soulmate Quinn. I found this intriguing because she fell in love with someone who she was trained to kill and destroy. An overall interesting story.

The last book, Soulmate, was a very interesting book because we follow Hannah Snow, and her encounter with her soulmate, the Lord of the Night World. She's been reincarnated over and over again to come back to life and die before her .. I believe it was either 17th or 18th birthday (I don't quite remember and please forgive me if I am). It was interesting to see what would happen to a girl who keeps dying before a certain time in her life, and how she will overcome it.

This book, compared to the first book, was not as .. awesome, but it was still a good read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night World, No. 2.