Anna's Reviews > Night World, No. 1

Night World, No. 1 by L.J. Smith

Feb 14, 2011

I originally didn't plan to purchase this .. volume .. book, but I somehow bought it in the end, and it did not disappoint.

In Secret Vampire, the first of the nine books in Night World, we follow Poppy and James. Now, this is basically your modern-day cliché vampire novel. (I use modern-day because this book was written in the late 1990s) And it was pretty decent as you get to meet other members of the Night World that may or may not appear in later books. It was a nice read, is all I really have to say for this book.

As for Daughters of Darkness, we follow three young ladies who are also a part of the Night World, and their handsome brother Ash. This is my favourite book from this volume because of the human protagonist, Mary-Lynette. She's a girl who is into mystery, astronomy and she's just so real in the sense that she could very well be one of my friends that reading this book was really fun. Especially the shin kicking parts which were quite funny xD

Lastly is Spellbinder. We follow two witch cousins who fall in love with the same boy. This totally spells trouble, am I right? This book was not one of my favourites, because it was somewhat boring, but it was also cool to see how it overlapped with Secret Vampire, the first book. A decent read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night World, No. 1.