Cindy's Reviews > Ghost Shadow

Ghost Shadow by Heather Graham

Feb 14, 11

Read in February, 2011

There were a lot of things about this books to like, but a lot of things that just weren't quite right. The heroine was likable and relatable, but other characters were harder to read. The dialogue was pretty clunky at times, and the "exposition fairy" was such a constant presence that it was almost a character in and of itself. And sadly, I never really got a feel for the hero's personality, and I didn't entirely buy the chemistry between the two characters.... it seemed kind of forced to me.

However, it wasn't all bad. The author knew her history and her location, and this was a big plus. I know almost nothing about Key West, but its dark and mysterious history created a fascinating foundation for this story. It made me want to read more about the area (although the story of Elena de Hoyos is quite a horrifying thing to be famous for). And my prediction of who the killer was turned out to be wrong, so it wasn't as predictable as I thought. The ghostly character of Bartholomew was a lot of fun, yet more important than mere comic relief.

All in all, it was an interesting, easy read. It could have been done better, but it was still enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ghost Shadow.