Cornerofmadness's Reviews > Fairy Tail, Vol. 12

Fairy Tail, Vol. 12 by Hiro Mashima

Feb 14, 11

bookshelves: manga
Read in February, 2011

** spoiler alert ** It’s the big showdown, Jellal vs Erza. Or should I say Jellal, Erza and Natsu. The others all have very minor roles in this. Erza is barely holding her own against Jellal but she does manage to get an advantage. However, she has one weakness, she has always cared about Jellal and wants to save him from himself, something he can/will use against her.

The Wizard Council unleashes their ultimate weapon, not realizing they have been manipulated. This is what Jellal has always wanted. They are going to be the cause of their own worst fears. However, Natsu has other plans and rescues Erza and together they work to stop the worst from happening. However, it might cost Erza her life.

I liked it up to a point. This one bothered me. Erza’s soft heart (which we have seen little of before this) causes her to need rescuing twice. Granted the rescues make sense in the matter of the plot but she’s always been the toughest of the characters, male or female so that didn’t sit well with me. However, it allows us to see hints of what Natsu is going to be capable of and that is intriguing. It was a decent plot and this wrapped it up. I’m still interested in what comes next but this is just one of those manga where it is more male oriented.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fairy Tail, Vol. 12.