Kim's Reviews > I Was a Teenage Popsicle

I Was a Teenage Popsicle by Bev Katz Rosenbaum

Jun 11, 07

bookshelves: sci_fi, ya, 2007
Read in June, 2007

My first thought about this book was that it was about a girl who was frozen and unfrozen one decade later. That decade being this one. Sort of like in 13 going on 30, the girl would have trouble adjusting to the current culture.

Then I started reading the book and there were these reflexions and comparisons of characters with actors of today. So that gave me a reason to shudder. Was this all to make us understand what the people and stuff were like. Or was it just blatantly badly written.

It wasn't, turns out it's all happening in 2016. In the next decade, so after that I was fine to read the book. No more looking around the room trying to figure out why I was ticked.

It wasn't my favourite or anything but still interesting enough to keep reading...(Three days it took me, I'm also watching House on DVD.) Except the unitards make me whinge. Dunno exactly how they're supposed to look like. But we are so not going to be into crystals and unitards in 9 years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Was a Teenage Popsicle.