Michael's Reviews > Broke : The Plan to Restore our Trust, Truth and Treasure

Broke  by Glenn Beck

Feb 28, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction, politics
Read from February 12 to 27, 2011

I don't watch Beck on tv and it has been quite a while since I last listened to one of his radio shows, but I enjoy his books. I think it is very important to read, learn, and ponder politics with a grain of salt. Sometimes it might even take a salt lick. Beck definitely leans right, so do I, so not a big deal. What I really liked was the fact that Beck was willing to take a punch at both sides of the aisle.

I think that there are many things that Beck addresses with our budget, past and present and all of them are a little nerve racking when it comes to our future. Probably even more so for our children. As I look toward possible retirement, it becomes more and more apparent that it is a lot further out than maybe what is going to happen for mom and dad.

Beck brings several options to the table, but I am not sure that anything will happen until the government in general decides to make a change. I guess the best thing I can do at this point in time is watch out for my family and make sure that we are doing what we need to so that we do not have debt.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Broke .