Brandy *Ahviel*'s Reviews > Hidden Fires

1987133
Feb 21, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, cowboy, historical-romance-western, library-shelf
Read in February, 2011

Lauren Holbrook leaves South Carolina for Texas in hopes that Ben Lockett will be there to help give her a new life. A life different than the one she had.
When she arrives in Texas it is as Ben described it except for the fact he is not there waiting for her and she is kept waiting in the heat. When the station manager realizes he quickly gathers her up and transports her to the Lockett's where she learns of Ben's death. From that point on her life is about bargains, empty promises and manipulations. Jared, Ben's son is married to her because his mother informs him that he "MUST".

There is so much about this book that I didn't like and much that I did. I found the book lagging in so many parts were I was like come on already. Some parts in the book I really felt didn't belong like they were added to add pages. I mean the fit in the book but the book would have been okay without them.

Jared was a character I had to learn to like, he was bi-polor throughout the whole book. I mean I get why he was like that, we were never allowed into his mind so it made understanding him and liking him a little difficult.

However all in all the book was good.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hidden Fires.

02/18/2011 page 91