Kace's Reviews > Before I Wake

Before I Wake by Robert J. Wiersema

U 50x66
Feb 14, 11

Read in February, 2011

I bought this book on the ferry three days ago; I read it in 4 sittings. Robert Wiersema chose to tell this story through different character's perspectives in first person, jumping from one character to the next. I am not at all fond of this kind of broken narrative -usually- but I found the style engaging and suspenseful in this novel.
The more I read, the more I liked it. I kept asking myself "Okay, how's this going to come together? Please let it be good, is it going to come together and will it be satisfying and well done?" I thought it did and it was. I felt Wiersema artfully built interest by delivering a complex story... well...simply.
I enjoyed it because the characters stirred up emotions as I learned more, and the storydidn't miss a beat. I wasn't up for something sad and depressing; even though the tone starts of grey, the book really starts to get rolling into something mysterious and exciting.
The whole concept was well done. There is more happening than Wiersema let's on and he weaves the story beautifully. I really enjoyed reading it, it surprised me. Thank you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Wake.