Mel's Reviews > The Lives and Loves of Daisy and Violet Hilton: A True Story of Conjoined Twins

The Lives and Loves of Daisy and Violet Hilton by Dean Jensen

2030264
Feb 22, 11

bookshelves: from-the-library, biography, non-fiction, sideshow-and-circus
Read from February 15 to 22, 2011

This was a great read. These girls were so much more than just another sideshow attraction. They were very well known stars on the vaudeville circuit. They knew other "big draw" stars like Houdini and Bob Hope. They often were the headliners. They were kind of naive when it came to money and let a few too many people take advantage of them. This is probably due to their very sheltered life as children and young adults. They led very interesting lives and this book sheds a lot of light on these women who were so much more than their 5 minute cameo in the movie Freaks.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lives and Loves of Daisy and Violet Hilton.

02/15/2011 page 14
3.0% "I have only started this book and already I am fascinated by the lives of these remarkable conjoined twins who already have defied the odds by even surviving."
02/17/2011 page 144
34.0% "This book is very interesting. I had no idea that these twins were so popular and famous even before they starred in Tod Browning's movie Freaks."
show 1 hidden update…