Melinda's Reviews > The Book of Tomorrow

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

Jan 03, 2012

bookshelves: first-reads
Read in February, 2011

The first thing I should say is that I picked this book up about 4 hours ago and haven't been able to put it down since. It isn't a short book, it runs just over 300 pages, but I simply couldn't stop reading. The story of loss and finding yourself again afterward hits close to home. I too have lost a parent - my mom, suddenly a week before my 19th birthday. Many of the feelings were familiar ones. The unexpected anger at someone, the sudden crying at anything sad, are all true to life. However, lest you think this book will drown you in sorrow, Ahern weaves a tight mystery throughout the book. Her writing picks you up and transports you into the story. Her descriptions in the beginning calmed me with a sense of peace. That was soon shattered by my frantic page turning a few chapters later.

I agree with this quote from the back of the book "...The Book of Tomorrow is an utterly unique story about grief, loss, and how sometimes it takes tomorrow to get us through today." I highly recommend this book. Anyone who enjoys books written in the style of The Thirteenth Tale will especially enjoy this book.

Received the book through Goodreads First Reads.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Tomorrow.

04/10 marked as: read