Kat's Reviews > Night Shift

Night Shift by Lilith Saintcrow

Feb 13, 11

bookshelves: fantasy, urban-fantasy, 2011
Read in February, 2011

Basic plot: demon-hunter-badass chick kills demons. 'Nuff said.

General impression: not particularly original, but not uninteresting. Our hero here is a hunter- apparently part of some loose affiliation with the church and the police. I say apparently because the book lacks exposition. There is never an actual job description for her, or of what she went through to become a hunter. There are snippets, but I kept feeling as if I'd missed something important. Like a whole book giving the necessary background to this world. Maybe this is a spin-off series and I haven't realized it. Either way, it annoys me.

The main character is flawed, and has some depth to her. Gets her butt kicked an awful lot. Her allies are interesting, but the only one really described in detail is the obvious love interest. I dunno... I'm giving this series one more book before I make the decision to stick with it or drop it. It interests me enough for one more book, especially since it was a pretty quick read with lots of action. It kept my interest, even with the frustrations.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Shift.