Cathryn's Reviews > Candied Crime

Candied Crime by Dorte Hummelshoj Jakobsen

Mar 04, 11

Read in March, 2011

The title of this collection is appropriate because Dorte Jakobsen’s stories are like a dish of candy. After you gobble up one or two, you’ll find yourself saying – Just one more.

The book takes its title from a Scandinavian candy bar (Daim/Dajm) and offers thirteen cozy and humorous crime stories, with backdrops that range from a knitting club to a school classroom to a diplomatic gathering.

Each story has a twist. Each one makes the reader smile at the quirky characters and their innocent and mostly not-so-innocent behavior. My favorites are Grammy, The Knitting Club, and A Nightly Burger. Although there’s also The Princess on the Pea, Trick or Treat … well, you get the idea.

An excellent crime writer, one to watch.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Candied Crime.

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 3: by Dorte (new)

Dorte Oh dear; I just clicked on the page, and goodreads shouted at me "DO NOT COMMENT NEGATIVELY ON REVIEWS OF YOUR BOOKS!"

Cathryn; I swear I didn´t intend to! :D

Cathryn I don't see anything negative, was Goodreads trying to be helpful, despite the shouting? ;)

message 1: by Dorte (new)

Dorte GoodReads obviously want to teach new authors not to abuse reviewers no matter what they write; but do they really have to tell me EVERY time (in huge, red letters)? It feels slightly discouraging ;)