Jonetta's Reviews > Lady Be Good

Lady Be Good by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Feb 13, 2011

liked it
Read from February 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

Lady Emma Wells-Finch comes to America to find a way out of an undesireable engagement to her school's benefactor--marry him or he'll shut the school down. If she can sully her reputation, he'll lose interest and leave her school alone. Kenny Traveler has been suspended from the pro golf tour and has been enlisted by the commissioner's wife to tend to Lady Emma while she's in Texas. His hope is that by doing this, it will curry favor with the commissioner and he'll be reinstated.

There are lots of very funny moments in this story, especially moments dominated by Kenny. He's much more complicated than what he presents to the world and is charming in his own way. Lady Emma is a perfect foil for him but comes across as a flat, dense woman with tunnel vision. It was difficult to accept that Kenny would find her appealing.

There are other characters who are much more interesting and help to keep you engaged in the story. I am rating this book 3.5 stars What keeps me from giving this a 4 star rating is the dullness of Lady Emma. Kenny is too fascinating to settle for this relationship.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Be Good.