amelia cavendish's Reviews > Fake, Volume 07

208341
Feb 13, 11

bookshelves: books-2011, action, manga, murder-mystery, yaoi
Read in February, 2011

The majority of this manga is taken up with the story focusing on Dee and Ryo having to babysit the wife of Leo, the man who killed Ryo's parents. Ryo has to deal with how he feels about Leo but also Dee. In the end, he learns the truth about what happened when his parents were killed and he and Dee take their relationship to the next level... finally! Poor Dee, he really does have the patience of a saint, but I do think the UST is played out to perfection.

I love the last story, as despite what happened between him and Ryo in the last one, three weeks later, Dee still isn't sure where they stand. Which is far more realistic than the usual happy ending, but of course, they soon work it out ;-)!

The end... or is it?

The story actually continues in a short story that has never been published in English, which I think is a crying shame, as it would have been the most perfect end to Volume 7 of FAKE in my humble opinion, TokyoPop!

FAKE: Like, Like, Love

***spoilers***

Time has moved on. Bikky (who is very hot as an 18 year old, I'm just saying!) is off to college in LA, but promises to visit Carol often and stay true. Berkeley finally realises the person he wants is Diana with a bit of help from Ryo. J.J and Drake bond (and share a brief kiss!) over their respective broken hearts and Dee extends his apartment and asks Ryo to move in with him, aww! See, perfect ending!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fake, Volume 07.