Alex's Reviews > Thigh to Thigh

Thigh to Thigh by Angelia Sparrow

Apr 03, 11

bookshelves: bdsm, queer, romance
Read from March 22 to 24, 2011

After reading "Paying Forfeits" by the same pair and dealing with the same men, I wasn't looking forward to "Thigh to Thigh." But I already owned it and I hoped that some of my problems with the first story would be resolved in the second. I was pleased to see my faith rewarded.

The writing seemed to have improved, but it could be because instead of showing snapshots from different weekends, the reader was given one short but continuous story, creating a solid idea of characters and emotions. While the writing didn't blow me away, it did improve enough that I'd consider reading another story by one or both of these authors.

The flesh of the first story was sex sprinkled with some internal and external emotional conflict that was never really addressed. This story skips ahead two years to where most of the issues have been resolved and they are in a functioning threesome. While in the first story William played favorites to Billy and often jilted Sam, in this one they receive equal 'punishment' and 'pleasure' by being equal in all things--quite literally thigh to thigh!

All the negative emotions of the first story are fixed as we head into this story, and while the move is done with a magical hand wave, it's enough to allow the reader to enjoy this story after so much of the first was unbearable. I feel like these two stories combined make a novel with all the bits in the middle missing. We have the awkward beginning that causes the rise in conflict and the happy ending with a hot, sensual sex scene. No idea what happened in between, but I'm glad I read this story! Very tasty.

Note: The way I rated this story may have been influenced by my negative feelings toward the previous story.

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thigh to Thigh.