Jason's Reviews > Rebecca

Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier

May 26, 11

bookshelves: for-kindle, 2011, reviewed, thrill-me-chill-me-fulfill-me
Read in May, 2011

This book has immediately become one of my favorites. Manderley stands out like a main character in this novel with sights, sounds, and smells so richly described. The unnamed narrator often finds herself daydreaming, imagining hypothetical situations playing themselves out in her head, which is really intriguing. But mostly, it is the crafting of suspense throughout the story that is most impressive—it was as though I were hanging on every word until the very last sentence. A masterful novel in so many ways.

And maybe tonight I’ll dream of going to Manderley again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rebecca.

Quotes Jason Liked

Daphne du Maurier
“If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again.”
Daphne du Maurier, Rebecca

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Allisen Lemay i so so so so heart this book, i hope you love it too!

Jason I have been anxious to read it for a while now!

Allisen Lemay the book i just ready, sarah's key, totally fab! and she said that daphne de maurier was one of her heroes in the literary world...neat! now i want to re-read rebecca!

Jason I'm about halfway done. Love it so far!

Karry Hey I just finished reading that too!! So good.

message 6: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Galvin-Combet I've just added this to my list to read. Sounds intriguing.

Carey Shea I read this book back as a kid and absolutely loved it. It is one of my favorites.