Jasmine's Reviews > My Father's Dragon

My Father's Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett

Feb 13, 11

bookshelves: american
Read in February, 2011

okay so recently I haven't read any real books. I apologize but I'm fucking inundated in research on the difference between sex typed traits and sex roles and I"m going crazy enough as it is. I will start actually reading again soon I just needed a moment of calm to get through the storm

recently I've started a habit of rereading. I mean are books as good as I thought? I mean I was historically quite a little idiot (just wait till I reread nothing but the truth). Well this book is. I think a lot of what's great about this book is the illustrations. But it also has that children's quality that you don't get as much anymore where wonder is more important than logic. I mean now I feel like it would be hard to solve problems the way they were solved in this book, give a tiger chewing gum. But there is something about it that really points to a simpler time than I remember and enjoyed. The writing isn't as polished as milne, but it's much better than the dahl I've reread.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Father's Dragon.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joel (new)

Joel like even though you besmirched dahl.

Jasmine I was very sad when I reread matilda so mr. dahl and I are in a fight right now.

message 3: by Joel (new)

Joel clearly you read it wrong. matilda is my favoritest childhood book. i was so disillusioned when i finally read great expectations and it turned out to be super boring.

message 5: by Nate D (new) - added it

Nate D I haven't re-read this OR Matilda, but I loved both. Only I'd completely forgotten this one, and how awesome it was in first grade. Also, my teacher tried to steal it!