Elise Wilson's Reviews > Unlawful Contact

Unlawful Contact by Pamela Clare

Feb 13, 11

Read in February, 2011

I read this book (#3) before reading the others in the series because of the many positive reviews (though the entire series is well reviewed). I absolutely loved it. It has what one looks for in a good read -- great writing, interesting characters (ones you actually care about), suspense (until the end) and sensual romance scenes. I liked that the story was not predictable. I am a fan of mystery/suspense type stories and find myself trying to guess "whodunit". I thought I had it all figured out, but Ms. Clare surprised me -- without being tricky. I mean it all actually fell into place and made sense.

I also appreciated that the main characters Hunt and Sophie were strong ones and believable ones. There was great chemistry between the two and I could imagine them having a destined romantic relationship. I only wish men like Hunt could be made and sold: I'd certainly buy him! A "real" man -- handsome, strong, yet gentle, protective and caring and oh so sexy! Clare knows how to write sensual scenes and integrate them so that they actually flow with the story and not dominate it.

And I really, really liked the satisfying ending, especially the surprise gift to Hunt. So touching.

Now, I need to backtrack and start with book #1 of the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unlawful Contact.