Madison's Reviews > Defining Dulcie

Defining Dulcie by Paul Acampora

F_50x66
Mar 08, 11

Read from February 13 to March 08, 2011

When I first looked at the front cover of this book there was no telling what it was about,so I didn't no if I should of read it or not,then I looked at the blurb, still nothing just a bunch of quotes an phrases from characters.Before actually sitting down to read this book I abandoned it a couple of times,but never judge a book by it's cover.

When I opened the book and read the first page it actually started interesting,usually it takes the second chapter of a book before I actually understand it and am interested an hooked on the book.This story is interesting because it mainly talks about the stops Dulcie made in states on her trip from California back to Newberry. One of my favorite parts about this story was the end when everything turns out to be ok from all the madness that happened in this story. This story reminded me a little of "The Brand New Kid" by Katie Couric because Dulcie helped Roxanne the same way in this story. In the story "The Brand New Kid" Lazlo is a new kid in Mrs.Kincaid's second grade class and no one likes him and a girl named Ellie doesn't like Lazlo at first along with the other children but then Ellie sees how mean the other kids are and gives Lazlo a second chance and helps Lazlo make other friends.Although this book doesn't really have the exact same point to it it can still relate to Dulcie helping Roxanne as Ellie helped Lazlo.
But if you really are interested in this awesome book by Paul Acampora read it to find out more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defining Dulcie.