Austen's Reviews > Ayn Rand's Anthem: The Graphic Novel

Ayn Rand's Anthem by Charles Santino

Feb 13, 11

Read in February, 2011

Saw this at the bookstore on Friday and read through it immediately. Great artwork, reminiscent of Marvel Comics several years ago. Kind of a "Logan's Run" feel to the look of the characters. Story is simplified as graphic form takes away from the meat of the story's text. Despite those ideas, an excellent read, an amazing tale brought to life in simple black and white. Enjoyed it enough to inspire me to read the full text again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ayn Rand's Anthem.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aileen (new)

Aileen Finney I enjoy the graphic novel format. It's not always something I think I'll be interested in, but I've been pleasantly surprised many times!

Austen Aileen wrote: "I enjoy the graphic novel format. It's not always something I think I'll be interested in, but I've been pleasantly surprised many times!"

The artwork was very well done, and it really brought me way back when (7th-8th-9th grade) when I was more heavily into Marvel Comics. When I read the Rand novel/novella/short story, I pictured more of a ragged society than anything; dirty, struggling, etc. The graphic novel painted it as very clean, almost sterile. Maybe that was just the artist's style coming through. No matter what the world created looks like (in this case), it's a very good read.

message 3: by Aileen (new)