D M R's Reviews > When the Thrill Is Gone

When the Thrill Is Gone by Walter Mosley

F 50x66
Feb 12, 11

Read in February, 2011

** spoiler alert ** It took a few days to finish this book. But once I got started on I couldn't put it down.

It was a nicely spaced book, with quick chapters.

Leonid's family life was so strange, I only think one of his kid's was actually his, but he loved them all the same, and his wife, Katrina, was was getting sex somewhere, but that didn't seem to bother him, even threatening the guy who sent him pics of his wife and the other guy.

He's even got a girlfriend he supposedly loves, Aura. I do not like the way he treated her, dropping 5 kids at her place, then he has sex with some other woman, Chrystal, then drops her off at Aura's. Pig, I say.

Maybe I should read more books about Leonid, if there are any to explain why he is so angry all the time and has such angry outbursts.

I did feel sorry for those kids, seeing their mother murdered and knowing her body was buried in a land fill.

I liked the twist at the end too about William Williams.

But I so do not get the part about Seena, it just seemed threw in there, I just don't see where it was needed. I feel that part could have been left out entirely and not impact the story one way or another.

All In all I really enjoyed this book.

I won this book from a good reads first reads

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When the Thrill Is Gone.