-k The Lady Critic's Reviews > Trickster's Girl

Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell

Feb 12, 11

bookshelves: e-book, for-review
Read on February 12, 2011

I read the first few chapters of this and then skimmed the rest of the novel. I just couldn’t get into the story at all and I really wasn’t in the mood to read about magic and rainforests. Perhaps I can try and sit down and re-read this at a later date, but all I can think of now is that I have a huge TBR full of books that I would rather be reading.

I found it difficult to be thrown into 2098 America without any explanation in this book. In fact, it took me a while to even realize that it was a futuristic setting (I had forgotten that the summary had plainly said as much) and once it did sink in; I just couldn’t seem to accept it. I know that sounds weird, but I can’t put it into words any better than that.

This book wasn’t my cup of tea, but if it sounds like something you might like I highly recommend that you try it yourself. I’m giving it a 4/10 with the possibility of having a higher rating if I ever decide to give it another try – which isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.

I received this novel from netGalley for review. Thank you to everyone who made that possible.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trickster's Girl.