Emily May's Reviews > Darkfever

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mar 30, 12

bookshelves: paranormal-uf, 2011
Read from February 28 to March 01, 2011

I finished this book with two clear ambitions in mind:

1. I wanted to jump on the next flight to Dublin.
2. I wanted to sandwich myself between Jericho Barrons & V'lane (preferably naked).

Let's just say that this is one of the most addictive stories I've read in a long time; even as I write this review, the second in the series is on it's way to me courtesy of Amazon.

It just has... everything. A crime mystery, a fantasy world steeped in history and folklore, and the kind of men that you would hate in real life but are the most erotic thing imaginable in literature. I can't believe I've waited so long before starting this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkfever.

02/28/2011 page 115
38.0% "This book is one of the most addictive I've read in such a long time. I feel a potential 5-starer coming on."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Tatiana Love the sandwich idea:)

Emily May :D Please tell me the rest of the series is as good.

Tatiana Um, yeah! Just you wait:)

Kwesi 章英狮 Gah! So cute!

Emily May Thanks. This is possibly my favourite series ever :)

Kwesi 章英狮 I have a friend who liked this book either and I'm still looking for a copy. Unfortunately, my luck not permitted me to find a copy until now. Haha.

Dominika Emily, I just saw your post somwhere on my wall on Goodreads and I just had to write something, anything :> I'm planning on collecting the whole thing on kindle too, so I can re-re-re-read it wherever I am and whenever I want to :p

Emily May If I had a kindle I'd do just the same :p in fact, I plan to read them all again very soon!

Aly is so frigging bored If I hadn't read it, after your review I would so do that ROTFL

Emily May LOL, thanks!

Christine This is one of my all time favorite series ever and yes, I to am in favor of your sandwich idea ;) Which book are you reading now?

Nisha What a coincidence. Those were my two ambitions after reading this series. Your sandwich idea sounds delicious. ;)

Emily May @Christine I finished this series a while ago now (I think I read the last in March) and I'm planning a re-read soon :)

@Nisha I think those are most ladies' ambitions after reading this series ;)

Ronyell Awesome review! Loved the Despicable Me characters!

Emily May Thanks Ronyell! :)

Ronyell You're welcome Emily!

Ronyell You're welcome Emily!

message 18: by Lera (new) - added it

Lera Way to go with sandwich! I hope the second book will be as great is first -.+

Emily May I think they get better every time, Lera :)

Tonna' My thoughts, exactly. I read it last year and I think it's about to to read it once more.

message 21: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Pareja not related to the book BUT your minion gif is so hilarious! :)

Emily May Hehe, thanks :)

message 23: by Ann (new) - added it

Ann Pareja thank you for accepting my friend request! ^__^

Susanna Korhonen yes it's wonderfully addictive,it really captivates you

Amy (BW) OMG! I would totes want to be sandwiched between Jericho and V'lane!!!! Loved ur review!

Emily May Thanks Amy :D

Tandie Awesome review. I'm starting this series. My friends seem to have a crazed reaction to it!

Emily May Thanks Tandie! Hope you like it ^_^

Tandie Yay! I finished book one & really enjoyed it. I have to disagree with you about the Barrons & V'lane sandwich though. I thought V'lane was a rapey creeper. Barrons has potential, I love how he's such a hard ass. He's never sympathetic to her 'Oh i'm all traumatized because of my sister's death so i'm going to deny reality' way of thinking. It was a good thing he was such a meanie too since it saved her but!

Emily May Lol, I can definitely see that :) But Barrons, ah, Barrons... who cares about V'lane anyway, right? Trust me, Barrons just gets better with every book!

Kristie Omg! I don't have any friends who liked this book series! I am sooo happy to see other women who loved it as much as i did!!!

Sharon I started it this afternoon and with less than 100 pages to go I regrettably have to go to bed. I'm going to buy Bloodfever tomorrow

Kristie You are going to love the rest of the series!

Irene I just want to thank you for all the amazing books I've read because of your reviews! ^_^

Emily May Irene wrote: "I just want to thank you for all the amazing books I've read because of your reviews! ^_^"

You're welcome! So glad to hear it ^_^