Michelle's Reviews > Die for You

Die for You by Lisa Unger

Feb 12, 2011

it was ok
Read from March 04 to 08, 2011

To be honest this book has left me totally confused. I finished ‘Die for You’ a few days ago, but thought I should wait to see if I could gain some perspective about this story before attempting this review. But here I am a few days later, and I’m still not sure about this one.

I’m not a new reader to Lisa Unger, having read ‘Black Out’ last year and really enjoying it. But ‘Die for You’ was a complete struggle to get through after the first few chapters. At first I sympathized with Isabel’s character—how horrible to not know where your husband is! But once the reader is let in on Marcus’ secret life, I couldn’t understand Isabel’s motivation to find her husband any longer. I get that she was looking for answers, but at what risk? To Isabel it didn’t matter as long as she could confront him about his deception.

Isabel’s journey to find Marcus is what propels the story forward. Since I couldn’t understand Isabel’s reasoning to find him. I really didn’t enjoy the rest of the book, and couldn’t wait to be finished. I also didn’t enjoy how the story skipped between first and third person POV. ‘Die for You’ also had too much introspective thoughts and not enough dialogue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Die for You.