Jesse's Reviews > Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home

Mar 08, 09

bookshelves: graphic-novels, modern-fantasy, vampire-stories-that-are-awesome
Recommended for: fans of Buffy
Read in February, 2008, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** I debated back and forth over wether to give this a 3 or a 4 star rating. I wanted to give it a 4 just on my innate dedication to Joss Wedon and Buffy, but I had to be more critical. The book is fun, especially if you are already a Buffy fan. It is even a fairly decent start to a season, but it doesn't really take us anywhere that we haven't been before. That being said, the Buffy geek in me was fully excited to see Buffy, Giles, Willow, Xander, even Dawn (yawn!) all in here. It follows that most typical of Buffy plot complications that A) someone(s) want the Slayer(s) dead, and 2) old bad guys will show up. Still, its a formula that worked and kept me amused for seven seasons, so maybe it will go for another. I also must say that the short story at the end of the book really makes this book shine a little bit brighter (call it a 3+ stars, rather than just a plain 3). Its a side story of one of the newly called slayers, and it really drives home the whole "hero thing". So I'm eagerly awaiting the next TP of this series, and hope my ranking of it will climb up to a 4 or dare I even hope, a 5?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Buffy the Vampire Slayer.