Katyana's Reviews > The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms

The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin

Oct 31, 2011

bookshelves: epic, fantasy, favorites
Read on October 31, 2011

Wow. I really don't even know what to say about this book. I was incredibly, incredibly impressed. Riveted, honestly.

I can't wait to see what comes next.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms.

The Holy Terror Ah! You read this in one day?

Katyana Yeah. I was flying from Knoxville back to LA (was visiting family). A zillion hours of airport and airplane makes for some heavy duty reading time. But it was just riveting, to me! I really, really enjoyed it. Couldn't get my face out of it.

The Holy Terror Very cool. It only took me forever because I was sort of savoring it. I think the ending was a bit rushed, but by the time I got to it I didn't even care.

What did you think of Nahadoth and Sieh? They're my favorites.

Katyana I looooooved them. They are really fantastic characters. I also really liked the choppy narrative, and the way the reason for that played out.

The end was a little ambiguous, insofar as I couldn't tell whether the story of these characters is at an end (in which case, I guess we'll be following the heir, given that this is the inheritance trilogy), but I really hope not. I don't give two craps about the humans... I am completely absorbed by the story of the gods. The history and mythology of them is sooooo rich and layered, I'll be seriously bummed if we don't stay with the Three and their children.

The Holy Terror Well, I've stayed away from even reading the synopsis of the next two books, but I do know that the third book is about Sieh.

Katyana Oh is it? Okay, well, that's definitely a good start. :)