Susan in NC's Reviews > India Black

India Black by Carol K. Carr

Feb 12, 2011

liked it
Read from February 12 to 15, 2011

This book was recommended to me by Amazon, so I picked it up at my local library (I've been burned too many times by new authors!) I would, however, pay for India's next outing (I'm sure India would approve - buyer beware and all that, but a girl's got to make a living. . .) Carol Carr has produced a sharp, funny, wry, self-reliant heroine in India and an intriguing potential hero in French, the secret agent accompanying her in much of her adventures. The plot is summarized above, so I won't rehash it; I will say, however, what a refreshing treat India was as a protagonist. I chuckled several times while reading, and as a fan of historical mysteries I'm always looking for promising new authors; this one looks like a winner. I look forward to Carr's next India Black adventure and would recommend her to fans of historical mysteries liberally dosed with sexy humor, adventure and possibly a future dash of romance - like Amelia Peabody but without the Egyptology and parasol (and running a brothel . . .)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read India Black.